Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Drunk

Here's somethingthat might cheer you up a little more than the last few pieces. This one has some hope. I didn't really feel like turning this entire blog into whiny emo world-is-ending pieces anyway.

"Drunk"


I felt drunk. I was happy. I was loud. I was obnoxious. I was a million other things that would suggest I had quite a bit to drink. I hadn’t downed half a handle myself or pounded a handful of beers. I didn’t have a single drop to drink.

I don’t know why it was that I felt that way. I was hanging out with my friends, watching Superbad. It might have had something to do with that. I could familiarize with a couple characters, but none all too closely. That reason isn’t as legitimate as I first thought. Maybe it was the lack of “progress” I had made recently with the girls I was aiming to date. That wouldn’t make any sense, but seemingly, neither did my state of mind at the time. Either way, that was not it. After all, one had totally blown me off. That was why I sent her a text message a night before that I knew wouldn’t end well.

Speaking of that night, I’m not much of a drunk dialer, or a drunk texter for that matter. I couldn’t help it though. Wednesday, I was fuming. I went to another stupid frat party. I should have known better. Yeah, I’m a college kid, but it doesn’t mean I have to enjoy a dark, musty smelly basement in the dark, musty smelly town of Allston. It’s fun to dance sometimes, and if there are a bunch of your friends there, it can be a good night. Wednesday was not one of those.

Classes were over for the semester, so it was another reason to celebrate, not that people here need one anyway. I swear when I went to the Red Sox Riots and Parade in October that there were more out-of-towners than Sox fans. The party I was at “should” have been better for me. The girls were hot, and the smoothies were delicious, with or without alcohol. Something that night just didn’t taste right, and I know it wasn’t the mangos.

I guess my overall frustration that night made Friday that much sweeter. There was no big reason for it, as far as my conscious self was concerned. Who knows what happened deep down in the untapped resource that is my brain. This may seen like a bunch of bullshit, but something changed. In case you couldn’t tell, I don’t what, and I don’t know why. But to tell the truth, I don’t really care. I’m still drunk on something, and it’s a lot cheaper than Grey Goose or even Keystone Light. It’s something more valuable too. Maybe the whole not thinking thing is what I need after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment